Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Home Improvement

Many of you have requested pics of some of the interior improvements we have made so here they are. We have been able to make some great purchases through our neighbor Carson who has been kind enough to pass on her designer discount, our friend Richard who was also kind enough to pass on his discount at Pottery Barn (the drapes!) as well as take advantage of the perks of living in the furniture capital of the U.S. (I swear I didn't know that when we moved here!) There are great discount houses for all of the major brands in all of these small towns around here. I love a bargain!!



Most of the accessories we have picked up in Charleston and Savannah like the mirrors over the mantel and the drum table next to the chair. You can see Aaron looking at the yard - he gets to decorate that part! Just kidding. I love that he has an opinion about the inside of the house (unless he disagrees with me!) The couch pillows are from Target!!

This is MY chair (don't worry - Aaron has HIS chair,too). I had picked it out in a store in Atlanta but found it at one of the discount stores in NC for hundreds less!!
Aaron had the fun job of hanging these mirrors and he did a great job! You can't see the nail holes where I tried to hang them without him!










This was pure luck. Our friend Carson could have bought this for us with her discount but we found it at a store in Raleigh and it was less than her wholesale price for some reason. I think it was a mistake!

No comments: