Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Smelling the Roses....



We have been getting used to a whole new routine with Gus and work. It is challenging but so very worth it, of course. Sometimes we have to realize the house is just going to be messy that day or the to-do list is not going to be complete. It took a little while to get used to that feeling but now I think we're better for it. People seem to pride themselves on how busy they are and we would miss so much if we continued to be that way. No one gets to the end of the road and wishes they worked more or had spent more time cleaning. This season, in particular, is such a great time to slow down and appreciate the beauty God has created for us and the ones you love the most. I hope everyone is enjoying fall where they are!

3 comments:

Seasonal Learner said...

I totally agree. in fact I think next summer we are going to just suck it up and hire someone to clean the bathrooms for us so we can just sit and enjoy our boy.

Stacey said...

We've considered it, too. I'm sick of multi-tasking in crazy ways - returning phone calls while on the treadmill (rude!), making lists while driving (dangerous!), etc. I find nothing gets done well if I do that so I need to just relax and do what I can do in a day but family time is priority 1.

Unknown said...

It is so worth it to have someone clean your house for you. Nothing is better than coming home from work, to a nice clean house. I had one for a little while and I think I just keep trying to make myself busier and busier so I can justify hiring one again.