Friday, June 5, 2009

Oregon Trip

We have just returned from the International Magnolia Society meeting in Portland and there were many highlights but my personal favorite was the party held for us at a cool, local nursery owned by a famous plant man who travels the world in search of the strange and unusual.

Their nursery was incredibly designed. Rather than the humdrum greenhouses you see everywhere these were styled with an open Asian flair and had furniture throughout so you could have incredible parties.
A passage to the "Fetish" room complete with outdoor rug and conversation area

Their gardens were insane - fringed poppy

Chandeliers in a greenhouse!!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

That is one insanely cool garden and plant-lover's paradise. I could see many garden parties there. I wonder if it's open to the public or is it by invite only? Seasonal only?

Who do I have to bribe to get in when I visit...someday :-)