Monday, June 18, 2007

Flea Market Finds - Atlanta, GA

As promised, a look at our flea market experience in Atlanta. I HIGHLY recommend a trip to the Scott Antique Market/Flea Market. The prices are great and there is no junk, just antiques and imported goods. We didn't even make it to the 2nd building! Probably a good thing! Take a look if you are interested. Aaron has a meeting back in Atlanta in August so I think we'll find ourselves back here!


Mom haggling for a handpainted lamp.



















We barely set foot in the market when I found this framed peacock painting w/ Chinese clasp and it was a STEAL!! I love peacocks for some reason. We had one growing up for a little while and I remember being both terrified and fascinated by it.















I also love foo dogs since we have 2 Asian pups of our own now. I have the concrete set on porch as well as turquoise and cream porcelain ones but this is my first pair of gold ones. They are very heavy and were an amazing price to start out with and the guy knocked off 1/2 the price just for asking!







We bought these 2 Asian Calligraphy brushes from a man who looked like Johnny Cash. He was trying to make Aaron a deal on a deadly looking machete but luckily we just settled on these. They are made of jade. Almost as pretty as Nate Berkus' photo underneath!







We FINALLY found an inexpensive but attractive mirror for our powder room. I love the Greek key pattern. We were told it was a federal mirror. It weighs a ton despite its smallish size.










One of Aaron's purchases. We have this in our bathroom by the tub. He also bought an old wooden bucket to make a fountain in our backyard as well as an antique porcelain wash tub w/ stand to hold iced beers for get togethers under pergola.








1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hi, I am a friend of Lindsay W.'s. She and I met through our husbands. You might have seen me at their wedding. I followed a comment you made on their blog and found yours. I really enjoy your posts. I especially love the home decor and antique finds. I'll leave you with a link to an inspiring blog you might enjoy: http://desiretoinspire.blogspot.com/