Friday, January 8, 2010

Disc Golfing with Gus

While in my home town in Oklahoma we got to literally surprise some people with a visit after many years. It was such fun. I walked into my aunt's place of work and started talking to her casually and she did a doubletake and then saw Gus, whom she hasn't met and it was so much fun to witness. I have missed my family very much.
Although the town hasn't changed much, I was surprised and impressed that there is now a disc golf course by our airport. Strange but great. We stomped through the long wheat colored grass, Gus' hair a perfect match blowing around in the Oklahoma wind.
He carried around dad's discs and even tossed a few very deliberately after watching his dad intently to see how it was done. I hope he and Aaron enjoy playing rounds together as he gets older.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Makes me think of what the farmers used to say "knee high by the 4th of July" this meant a good corn harvest. In Oklahoma on a disc course it looks like a good way to lose your disc. The sky was always so blue in winter,in Oklahoma