Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Jacob!

The week before Aaron's birthday, we went to Florida to celebrate our nephew Jacob's first birthday! It was a fun time to catch up with my brother, my sister in law Sharon, and my parents (Mimi and Poppy). Is this kid cute or what?

Love the Mommy tattoo shirt.......

It took him a couple of bites but he decided he liked this cake thing! Look out, Jake. Some of us never got over our first bite of icing!


Aaron and I got him the Wheely Bee for his first gift. He seemed to like it since he's into pushing things around right now. Funny thing was mom said one of BJ's first presents was a bee on wheels!



Eating outside with the family.......



Proud Mimi and Poppy holding Jake before we let him loose on the cake.


These pictures are so deceiving because he is ridiculously mobile right now. He runs around, pushes his stroller around and tries to escape his "corral" in the living room and succeeds much of the time. It was so much fun to see how big he's gotten!

4 comments:

Seasonal Learner said...

Cute kid! Looks like he can be a fun handful!

Stacey said...

You have no idea! Good thing he is so cute. Actually he is very well behaved - just FAST!! WOW! PS - I didn't want you to have to move another box so I waited to send your gift for James. I'll send it this week to Houston addy. PPS- our computer crashed and I lost the link to your blogs! Help! I'm sure I've missed so much!

Sunny said...

Lovely family time pictures -- I'm so glad you all were able to visit little man jake. I bet he is a motor-scooter! Kids can be so fun, and so free. They forget that they aren't indestructible, but thankfully they can usually just shake off the dust and keep right on running.

Am I the only adult in this family (besides Uncle John Kiley) who still enjoys running?
Or am I just a big Kid?
Hmmm. :-)

Stacey said...

You're right. I could have watched him (and we did!) in amazement all day. I still look at kids like a psychology project. They're just fascinating! Scarily smart and observant!

I'll volunteer Aaron as a running buddy while you're here. He does run quite a bit. Unfortunately you did not inherit a sister in law who likes to run. Not even with a cupcake dangling in front of me on a string.