Monday, September 3, 2007

Summer Blooms

Since summer is coming to a close, I thought I'd show a couple of pics of things that were blooming in our garden this year.

Double Blooming Tiger Lily.......




Pineapple Lily.......



This is a citrona daylilly that smells like citrus and blooms in the evening. Behind it is a bright blue salvia that the hummingbirds love. Aaron's hammock sits right here and the hummingbirds will be so close to your face that you can really see what they are doing. Its so amazing to watch.




We've also enjoyed growing mint and basil this year. The neighborhood has had a great time making mojitos, tequila punch, and Julie's watermelon granita with the mint. We've put basil in pasta salad and Italian dishes. Also good on a turkey sandwich. My only complaint about summer ending: I miss fresh herbs in the winter.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Garden envy!!
I'd say I'm green with it, badump-pah...

Stacey said...

Thanks! Obviously your brother is responsible. We're so excited to have you in a few weeks! Should be pretty fall weather by then!