Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This Weekend I Loved.....(Belated)



The sight of......OUR NEW BUILT-IN BOOKSHELVES!!!! After 6 years of yearning, we got the perfect recommendation on a carpenter to build them beautifully and affordably. Now we have a home for the stacks of books we have been accumulating for years. They look so great!

The smell of......the jasmine on our front porch starting to waft super sweet puffs of air in our face when we come up the walk.

The taste of.....Richard's DELICIOUS bleu cheese burgers, Aaron's famous mojitos, and the Tres Leche cake at Jeff's birthday party. Sooooo good.

The sound of.....Gus laughing. Gets me everytime.

The thought of.... getting through this week. I have to be away from Gus for the first time in his life. 3 long nights.

The act of.....putting fluffy compost on our newly planted garden. It is like the finishing touch of a rug to make everything look neat and pretty. Also, don't know if its because I am married to a plant man, but I love the sweet smell of it, too.

3 comments:

Seasonal Learner said...

Oh, 3 long nights. Poor Stac. Do you have a picture of the bookshelves? I have a longing for those and a perfect place in my living room for them...

Sunny said...

It's a wonderful life you have there in Raleigh, Stacey. Aren't you so glad that you moved (when was it?) 8 years ago now?

Stacey said...

Yep, can you believe almost 7 yrs?It is a great life. We're really enjoying it. I can say that now that we are enjoying an extended spring. Ask me again in July!