Friday, July 11, 2008

What's Blooming at the Casa

We have a yard full of bloom right now. This is what helps me survive summer! When my mom was a little girl she used to dream she'd marry a man who raised palomino horses. She got close - just a different breed. Even as a kid I preferred flowers to most other things and managed to marry a man who keeps us surrounded by them. Thanks, honey!
I adore these spidery orchids. We have several blooming right now and some blooms are as big as my hand! They are kind of ominous looking but have the sweetest smell. We have some inside and some on porch on my orchid rack.These will bloom for as long as 8 weeks!
One of Aaron's rose friends has so many blooms that cutting all of them to encourage growth becomes a chore for her! Can you imagine? I happily take the blooms off her hands whenever I can!
Ahhh. I look forward to lily season every year. They always manage to bloom around July 4. I have a ridiculous amount of blooms to pick this year so our house smells very sweet.


Old fashioned daylilly. These are super big and very tall. They are fun to look at in the garden.





One of my very favorites - the pineapple lily. I love this burgundy color. We also have lime green


Gorgeous clear yellow daylily.



Elegant white agapanthus blooms from the college. Look at the cool box Aime brought me from China!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

All are from your house? We are so envious!! We had some nice big burgundy lilies earlier in June, but come July, they were gone.

Now it's all Clematis vines, Mallow stems, and a few longer lasting types of marigold, geraniums, and violas or a similar small flower by our mailbox planter.

We've got a whole collection of other plants going from bamboo to lenten roses, but more on those, and photos, soon!
Happy growing, -Sunessa