Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pente Playing

Aaron and his family love to play games, not just any games but strategy games. The game they are playing here is a family classic - Pente. The motto of this game is something like "a moment to learn, a lifetime to master". To some of us (ME!) that sounds rather daunting from the get go and I do not enjoy Pente even though, as Aaron pointed out, I played it with him on our first date at his house. He thinks this was false advertising - that I was making it out to enjoy Pente and after I hooked him I admitted I hated it. Kind of true. I don't remember saying I actually liked it. I just remember thinking he was cute enough to endure a game of it.

Luckily, when his family comes to visit they enjoy playing it and here are a couple of pics of a tournament that ensued in which Aaron (sorely) won.


Aaron right before throwing the board down and shouting "In your face!"



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey,

The kids used to come home, and having somewhat mastered Pente, with their Father,would offer me a challenge. I'm still on a life time to master it and at this point probably don't remember how to play it, walk me through the garden, I loved that more then and still do. Very interested in hummingbird moths, have never heard of such an interesting creature, hope to see one next week!!
Love Momma

Anonymous said...

If Aaron and his family want a good pente challenge, tell them about http://pente.org or one of the other online pente sites.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.